Herantis Pharma Plc Company release 20 January 2023 at 10:00 a.m. EET
The Shareholders' Nomination Committee presents the following proposals to the Annual General Meeting to be held on 20 April 2023. The proposals will be included in the notice to the Annual General Meeting to be published at a later date.
Proposal on the number of the members and election of the members of the Board of Directors
The Shareholders' Nomination Committee proposes that the number of members of the Board of Directors shall be five (5).
The Shareholders' Nomination Committee further proposes that of the current members of the Board of Directors, Timo Veromaa, Mats Thorén, Frans Wuite, Aki Prihti, and Hilde Furberg shall be re-elected as members of the Board of Directors.
Proposal on the remuneration of the members of the Board of Directors and reimbursement of travel expenses
The Shareholders' Nomination Committee proposes that the remuneration of the Board of Directors shall be as follows:
- The remuneration payable to the members of the Board of Directors shall be EUR 18,000 annually for each member of the Board except for the Chairman of the Board who shall be paid EUR 36,000 annually.
- The Chairman of the Audit Committee shall receive a fixed annual fee of EUR 8,000 and each member of the Audit Committee a fixed annual fee of EUR 4,000.
- The Chairman of the Remuneration Committee shall receive a fixed annual fee of EUR 4,000 and each member of the Remuneration Committee a fixed annual fee of EUR 2,000.
- Board members are also reimbursed reasonable travel expenses related to the duties of the Board of Directors.
Composition of the Shareholders' Nomination Committee
The Shareholders' Nomination Committee was established by Herantis Pharma's Annual General Meeting on 8 April 2020. In accordance with the Charter of the Shareholders' Nomination Committee, the Committee consists of four members. Three members represent the Company's largest shareholders who, on the last business day of September preceding the next Annual General Meeting, hold the largest number of votes calculated of all shares in the Company. The Chairman of Herantis Pharma’s Board of Directors serves as the fourth member of the Nomination Committee. The largest shareholders of the Company on the last business day of September are determined on the basis of the shareholders' register of the Company held by Euroclear Finland Ltd and Euroclear Sweden AB.
In October 2022, the following members were appointed to Herantis Pharma's Shareholders' Nomination Committee:
- Kyösti Kakkonen, representing Joensuun Kauppa ja Kone Oy (Chairman);
- Pia Gisgård, representing Swedbank Robur;
- Timo Syrjälä, representing himself and Acme Investments SPF S.à.r.l.; and
- Timo Veromaa, the Chairman of Herantis Pharma's Board of Directors.
For more information, please contact:
Julie Silber/Gabriela Urquilla
Tel: +46 (0)7 93 486 277/+46 (0)72-396 72 19
Certified Advisor: UB Securities Ltd, Finland: +358 9 25 380 225, Sweden: +358 40 5161400
Company website: www.herantis.com
About Herantis Pharma Plc
Herantis Pharma Plc is an innovative biotech company developing disease modifying therapies for Parkinson’s Disease. Herantis lead product HER-096, is an advanced small and synthetic chemical peptidomimetic version of the active parent CDNF protein. It combines the compelling mechanism of action of the CDNF protein with the ability to be delivered to the brain via subcutaneous administration.
The shares of Herantis are listed on the Nasdaq First North Growth Market Finland and Nasdaq First North Growth Market Sweden. As previously announced by Herantis, Nasdaq Stockholm AB has approved Herantis' application to delist the shares of Herantis from Nasdaq First North Growth Market Sweden, and the last day of trading in the shares of Herantis on Nasdaq First North Growth Market Sweden shall be January 31, 2023. For more information, please visit https://www.herantis.com.